Wednesday, December 25, 2013

March 25, 2013

well...i`ve got some big news...

this week we have cambios. TWENTY hermanas are coming to the mission. there are currently about 35. yes. this means that he majority of the hermanas will be training. 

and yes. this includes ME! 

i can`t believe it, but i got the news from the assistants on saturday afternoon that i will be TRAINING another sister for my final cambio here in the mission. AH! did they forget that i`m already a "grandma" in the mission? oh and don`t worry, i still haven`t finished training hna leon!! but apparently that doesn`t matter...we`ll be a trio here in los angeles, and i`ll be training both of them at once. not sure how, but should be an adventure!!! naturally, i`m a little overwhelmed, but mostly just excited to receive her and help her enjoy the mission and all it has to offer. i know that alone i`m not capable of this, but that the lord loves and trusts me, so he`s got to help me, right?! haha. no but seriously, i trust that he will guide me and strengthen me to be the kind of missionary that my hijas need to enjoy o the fullest their missions.

these last couple of weeks have been strange, in the sense that i`ve felt like i`m being pulled between two worlds. everyone is asking me how much time i have left. the mission sends me mail of paperwork to fill out, and it`s just not fun. of course, family, i love you. but i`m just not ready to let go of being a missionary. i love too much what i`m doing to say goodbye. the great part is that i still don`t have to, but still, it`s complicated. ugh, hard to explain. but i`m happy here and have set the goal to BE HERE, 100% for the time that i have left. because it`s a long time sill!!!

this scripture hit me hard this week:

ALMA 29:1-3, 6-8
O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the atrump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!
 Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and acome unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth.
 But behold, I am a man, and do sin in my wish; for I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me.
 Now, seeing that I know these things, why should I desire more than to aperform the work to which I have been called?
 Why should I desire that I were an angel, that I could speak unto all the ends of the earth?
 For behold, the Lord doth agrant unto ball nations, of their own nation and ctongue, to teach his word, yea, in wisdom, all that hedseeth fit that they should have; therefore we see that the Lord doth counsel in wisdom, according to that which is just and true.
at this moment, i share the desire of alma...i would LOVE to be an angel, and be able to share with EVERYONE the joy i feel as i get to know the savior better and am obedient to what he teaches me. i also know that when i get home, i`ll want to be a missionary, to continue in this work. the thing is, as it says furher on in verses 6-8, i don`t have to be a missionary to make a difference! i don`t have to be a missionary to share how i feel about god! i don`t have to be a missionary to experience personal growh and help others feel the joy i feel every day. 

we don`t have to have any special calling in the church to be member missionaries. this is something that i didn`t understand AT ALL before the mission. of course, i always heard it, but it just never got to my heart. now i understand that i, as a daughter of god and follower of christ, I can help change the world, one persona  at a time. i know you can do the same. pray to the lord to help you have spiritual experiences. pray for opportunities to share with others. LET`S FILL THE CELESTIAL KINGDOM!!! :)

love you family! until next week, un gran abrazo,

hermana wright

No comments: